Monday, January 17, 2011

Process Piece

Process Piece
            I chose to do my project on Heterosexism because this was a topic that I didn’t know very much about but was an impact on my life. I have several relatives who are homosexual and I felt it was important to learn more about heterosexism and the oppression my family members, as well as millions of other men and women have to deal with on a daily basis.
            I decided to use “Xtranormal” as a way to portray my video and research. I began my project by using my Johnson book and reading the section on heterosexism and going on the internet and finding other resources on heterosexism. I then categorized a script and decided the most important aspect of heterosexism that I wanted to get across to the audience.  I decided to make 6 different sections in my script and wanted to explain the following: 1. Educate what heterosexism is. 2. How Does heterosexism negatively affect people. 3.  Myths and misconceptions about GLTB. 4. What GLTB is and how they are oppressed. 5.  Facts about heterosexism. 6. What we can do to fight heterosexism.
            Once I got all my research and facts together I had to put the script together. I wanted to use two characters who can get across all the points about heterosexism in a humorous way. I put together a humorous and educational script that I am proud of. I was able to learn the Xtranormal and use it successfully.  I feel like all of my time and effort made for a humorous and very educational project about heterosexism.

Resources:

Johnson, Allen. Privilege, Power, and Difference. 2nd. 1. New Yor,, NY: McGraw-Hill, 2006. 184. Print.

Herek, Dr. "Understanding Homophobia and Heterosexism." Sexual Prejudice. Gregory Herek, 16-Jun- 2009. Web. 17 Jan 2011. <http://psychology.ucdavis.edu/rainbow/html/sexual_prejudice.html>.

Herek, G. "Stigma and Sexual Orientation."Heterosexism. Philosophy Research Base, 15-may-2000. Web. 17 Jan 2011. <http://www.queertheory.com/theories/sexuality/heterosexism.htm>.

No comments:

Post a Comment