Monday, January 10, 2011

Video Treatment

Topic:
The topic I have chosen for my creative digital video is Heterosexism. I chose this becuse I find that there are more and more heterosexuals who have the guts to be themselves every year. I believe that with the increase in people allowing their true selves to surface there is also an increase in heterosexuals who are against them. I personally also have homosexual relatives and I want people to relate to them on a human level instead of their sexual orientation.
Story
In this story I will make a video that is a replica of a talk show such as Oprah. I want the host to be a respected person who is educated yet funny. I may have the "topic of the day" be heterosexism, but I am not sure. I would like the interviewee to be a fake celebrity who is somewhat seperated from reality and in her own world of fame. She will not know anything about heterosexism but the host will be able to eduate her. I want it to be a funny yet educational interview/talk show.
Software
The software I will be using is "Xtranormal." I thihnk this will be helpful in making my characters come to life and adding the correct and exact dialogue. I have never used this software before and have not even heard of it. However I hope to use the help guide and step by step instructoins of how to use the program which are provided on Prof. Ryans blog as well as youtube.om
Research
I hope to find research on heterosexism via the internet and library resources. I also hope to view actual people in my community and the television viewing any heterosexism in society. This will be an educational video because while the celebrity will be a whitty, somewhat dumb  heterosexual who does not know anything about being GLBT but the host will be able to educate and fill the audience in with the correct facts.
Timeline
January 10- PLOT-->Today I worked on an outline of what exactly I wanted the plot to look like and ideas.
January 11- RESEARCH-->Tomorrow I plan to research more about heterosexism and think of lines/ways to add facts to the video in a humorous manner.
January 12-13- SCRIPT-->I plan to write a script with the information I cam up with.
January 14- Software--> I plan to go over the software and figure out exactly how to put my script and characters into action.
January 15-16- Put the entire video into production and upload it on youtube.
What to Take Away
What I want people to take away is what heterosexism really is and that a majority of people dont actually know how prevalent it is in todays society (Even celebritys who people look up to dont know)

Any other ideass....Greatly appreciated!

4 comments:

  1. I would check out Lesbian Answers. It is done by a girl named Jenna Anne on youtube. She has a lot of good clips that I am hopefully going to use in mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I will definitely check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am using xtranormal.com and am also creating a talk show. So far I find it extremely helpful in completing this assignment. My recommendation for you is to use automatic camera angles..it seems to make the video more real.

    Good Luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like how you are tackling something that directly affects your family. I too have a homosexual memeber of my family. It is important to see beyong sexual orientation. I also like the story you are thinking of.

    ReplyDelete